More than a month after the evacuation flights have begun and the resettlement efforts have ramped up in local news outlets report on the progress and experiences for the local population and Afghan refugees arriving in their new homes.
In this regular feature we will give you an overview of multiple articles and reports found in different sources.
Click on the name of the source to access the full article.
- Greater Cincinnati groups are working to welcome refugees who escaped Afghanistan (radio programme)
- ‘Teamwork gets it done’: Tomahawk, Elcho communities lend a hand to Afghan refugees
- Charlotte agencies struggle to find homes for local Afghan evacuees
- 850 Afghan Refugees to Settle in Wisconsin
- North Carolina Prepping to Receive Afghan Evacuees
- Afghan father who worked for US sues State Dept. to bring sons to safety
- Why are most Afghan evacuees still housed at U.S. military camps?
- ‘A labor of love’: Groups mobilize to welcome Afghan evacuees to Cape Cod and around Mass.
- ‘Walk for Wildlife, Run for Refugees 5K’ seeks to support Afghan refugees and marine wildlife
- A look at Afghan refugee resettlement in Yolo County
- A New Life and Worry About Those Left Behind: Texas Schools Prepare for Wave of Afghan Refugee Students
- Afghan Evacuees Begin Arriving In Rhode Island
- CAIR-San Diego helps newly arrived Afghan families acclimate to life in U.S.
- No Afghan evacuees remain at Ramstein Air Base, all arriving in US
- San Diego expecting 2nd highest influx of Afghan refugees in the state
- Mormon charity helps hundreds of Afghan refugees resettle in D.C. suburb
- Food on the Move, FC Tulsa welcome Afghan families in their first outing since arrival
- PenFed Foundation Raises over $1.7 Million for Military Community and Announces Afghan Rescue and Resettlement Program at 2021 Gala
- First Afghan refugees in Liverpool speak of terrifying escape and warm welcome from Scousers
- Afghan refugees welcomed to Liverpool with meal
- North Yorkshire veteran makes Buddy Box for Afghan refugee schoolchildren